Thursday, January 14, 2021

youssef bennis blog media studies


Youssef Bennis 

My magazine is about climate change effects. The process of research information for this magazine was started inserting a picture as a background image to represent climate change but my picture was clear whether, clear grass, to match my title which is life better. I used the image to show if our planet was clean we will get a nice planet making it safer for our next generation. 


Blog 1  This is the first picture I used as a magazine cover to show how our earth will be clean if we were against climate change. For the next page, I used a background color to match the colors I used in the magazine. For the third page, I made sure there was space between the picture and the text to grab the audience's attention and make read the articles in order to understand what the topic is about. For the fourth slide, I made sure the text is obvious using the font caliber and put it in a size that will grab the audience attention

Pictures task 

These are the pictures I used I know it has nothing to do with climate change but my message was about how our environment could be better if we countered climate change.

I have not used any edits in this project I felt there is no need to, but I edited my text to be using one font, one size to make my magazine clear to read.

For this project, I have not used any classmate assistant.

The colors I used blue and green to represent our Earth's nature.

This picture is about when we started. Talking about ideas the messages to the audience, and the goal was to choose a good design that will match our interest.



It could be different from the actual project this is just an idea of how you gonna label your magazine how many pictures

are we using? This was the last assignment about sketches this assignment help us improve our magazine design

Initial thoughts 
. I have included a paragraph of how climate change affects us.
. I have included information of scientist opinion 
. Included information about how can we solve the issue of climate change.

The magazine Final design 







The progress 

I  started with the pictures first I believe picture should be first in order to come up with an idea that represents features
2 I started looking for articles to support my argument and my project.
3 I Looked for sources that support my magazine 
 
First time designing my cover page 


First time designing a magazine 

I've used different software like lucid press and my project was about endangered animals, and I picked rhinos for that project 

https://app.lucidpress.com/invitations/accept/inv_643c5200-a3ac-4576-8cfc-36945cbec0f9

The reason for Climate change  I believe that our earth is in danger. I am obsessed with nature and my magazine is like a message to the people who don't know what's happening. 
 
 gender roles 

  • explain the idea of social construction and how it relates to media studies. Give a specific example outside of the text. 
    •  

       Social construction is a theory of knowledge in sociology and communication theory that examines the development of jointly constructed understandings of the world that form the basis for shared assumptions about reality. Media studies are about a study that deals with the content, history, and effects of various media. It relates to media studies because it could reflect any form like a magazine, video, broadcast, and newspaper. The News is normally contractually obliged to report the news and stories of the world in complete truth and honesty towards the situation. This is one of the few Media forms that do reflect reality in its entirety. In the text, it shows an example of a person in a picture, composed, and clear the picture was taken before his death. Also, they blur anything that has to do nothing  Overall it relates to media studies by using their tools to express like video, newspaper, broadcast, and magazine.

      Looking at Movies Reflection

      cinematic language is accepted systems, methods, or conventions by which the movies communicate with the viewer. cutting on action. A continuity editing technique that smoothes the transition between shots portraying a single action from different camera angles. In cinematic language, filmmakers use the tools and techniques to convey meaning and mood to the viewer, including lightning, mise-en-scene, cinematography, performance, editing, and sound-in other words, the content of most of this textbook. Also, it's important that the ways that the movie communicates with viewers because the viewer of the movie figure out more meaning, and it's easy for them
      Critical reflection 



      1 The project represents the activists of the welfare of our environment and social groups that take climate change seriously 

      2 the product engages the audience through real-life pictures and real textual evidence.

      3 My production skills developed when I saw videos and using software 
      4 indesing and lucidpress.
      to analyze what the movie about. For example in the movie Romeo and Juliet they were different types of shots like moving camera angles in a different way like quick zoom, low angle, and quick cuts. This type of cinematic language makes the viewer of the movie see the movie in a different way. Cinematic language is defined as the accepted systems, methods, or conventions by which the movies communicate with the viewer. It's important because it makes a more complex meaning to the viewer.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      youssef bennis blog media studies

      Youssef Bennis  My magazine is about climate change effects. The process of research information for this magazine was started inserting a p...